(title credit Austin Blake)
As one would be able to tell from my frenzied driving skills, I have just recently become accustomed to operating motor vehicles, that is, within the past year. Unlike most, I tend to make an attempt at carefulness when behind the wheel, with the benefit of myself in mind of course. At a time that was debatably not too long ago, I was driving down a neighborhood highway, if you will, minding my own business as many people should in their everyday lives, like school administration or law enforcement officials. Now, as I was driving, I happened to spot a small, moving, furry creature in the path ahead of me; a squirrel. However, it was too late to stop. As I drove directly over the helpless mammal. I felt the car go over a small “bump”, somewhat similar to what is heard when Gandalf enters a room in place of The Cat in the Hat. I had half a mind to stop the car, briefly exit, and inquire if the squirrel was okay; if his tiny heart was still at work, maybe summon some help for this fallen ally. However, I was advised against it, and continued on my way to purchase supplies for a magnificent English project.
I did not know that squirrel personally, but for some reason, I get the impression that he was someone that had importance somewhere, whether he was CEO of an Acorn Butter Company, a humorous GEICO commercial actor, or a simple family man. Although I do not believe he knew me either, he taught me a very important lesson that day; life is fickle; do what you want or need to do as soon as possible, if needed. One moment you could be enjoying a delicious peanut, playing a banjo by the old forest fire, and the next you could be a manslaughter victim caused by the greatest “mortal” whom has ever decided to benefit all by gracing the Earth’s surface. Small rodents in particular take note; live life to the fullest, to a certain extent, or do not dwell on public streets.
![]() |
| The inoccent live that was stripped away |
I did not know that squirrel personally, but for some reason, I get the impression that he was someone that had importance somewhere, whether he was CEO of an Acorn Butter Company, a humorous GEICO commercial actor, or a simple family man. Although I do not believe he knew me either, he taught me a very important lesson that day; life is fickle; do what you want or need to do as soon as possible, if needed. One moment you could be enjoying a delicious peanut, playing a banjo by the old forest fire, and the next you could be a manslaughter victim caused by the greatest “mortal” whom has ever decided to benefit all by gracing the Earth’s surface. Small rodents in particular take note; live life to the fullest, to a certain extent, or do not dwell on public streets.

No comments:
Post a Comment